Monday 12 December 2011

Mindriot Logo (Part 1)

In early 2010 I started jamming with two friends of mine who were, along with me, into Grunge and Alternative Metal. I remember how hard it was to find a good sounding name for our band. One night we were just slacking in a room and spitting out one dumb name after the other, until I quoted the line "I've been caught in a mind riot..." from the s/t Soundgarden song. The name stuck and one day later I started drawing the logo...


First Sketch

The idea behind this logo was to show a numb person being hypnotised by the sound waves that entered and left through the ears. There are a few parts that I never liked and had to removed later on the PC. For instance the hand-drawn spiral, or the font above the head...

before editing...

Mindriot Logo Part 2: http://lunchboxarts.blogspot.com/2011/12/mindriot-logo-part-2.html

No comments:

Post a Comment